I have just upgraded to 2017 and I notice that all my Tax Line assignments in Categories are missing. How do I get them back?
Download the replacement Tax file.
One of the tax files in the Reckon Accounts Personal Range 2017 omitted the tax line assignments.
Reckon apologises for the inconvenience this fault has caused.
A replacement tax file has been prepared.
1. Close Reckon Accounts Personal 2017;
2. In Windows/File Explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal
3. Scroll down to TAX.SCD and rename it to TAX.SCD.old
4. Download the replacement file from http://downloads.reckon.com.au/TAX.SCD
5. Copy the file TAX.SCD to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal folder
6. If a dialog box opens, then select to Save File. It should save to your default Downloads folder;
a. Go to your Downloads folder (Internet Explorer and Chrome users can click on Open folder at the bottom of the browser);
b. Right click TAX.SCD and select Copy
c. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal folder
d. Right click and select Paste.
Open Reckon Accounts Personal and go to Tools > Category List. You should see Tax Line Items assigned to your categories.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.