Why doesn’t the RESC amount on the Payment Summary match the RESC amount on the Payroll Summary Report?
An item on a pay that impacts on RESC needs refreshing.
Reportable Employee Super Contributions (RESC) are super items paid from pre-tax earnings. These items include:
- Salary Sacrifice (SS)
- Employer Additional (EA)
- More than 9% for the Super Guarantee (SA)
- More than the negotiated amount of a Collective Agreement (CA).
Where the RESC amounts do not appear to correspond between reports, please ensure that all RESC items on the Payroll Summary Report have been considered – eg Salary Sacrifice and Employer Additional.
Where there is still a difference, then Reckon Accounts is not reporting on all pays. A refresh of the pay should fix the problem.
To locate and fix the pay that is creating the error:
1. Click on Reports, Employees and Payroll and select the Super Report by Fund;
2. Click on Modify Report and in the columns box scroll down to RESC Amount and tick it;
3. Scroll down to the relevant Fund and Employee and identify the pay which should have an RESC amount but does not, or any other irregularity;
4. Double click on the pay; click on Unlock Net Pay;
5. Delete the Super items contributing to RESC and re-enter them for the same amount;
6. Repeat for all affected Funds and Employees
7. Generate the Super Report by Fund and the RESC amount should show;
8. Generate the Payment Summaries and Payroll Summary Report and the RESC totals should now be equal.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.