Why does my transaction fail to save with the error: Transfer Cancelled?
This error will occur if Quicken loses its currency tag and no longer knows what the home currency is.
This may result from a faulty Quicken/ReckonAccounts Personal installation.
Also, upgrading from earlier versions of Quicken (particularly CashBook v8) is particularly vulnerable to this error.
Uninstall Quicken/ReckonAccounts Personal and reinstall using the ISsetup.exe installation file.
- Backup your Quicken/ReckonAccounts Personal datafiles;
- Uninstall Quicken/ReckonAccounts Personal;
- Insert the Installation disk into your PC and exit any autorun screen that opens;
- In Windows Explorer browse to the root directory of your CD;
- Click on HAB > Disk1;
- Right click ISsetup.exe and select Run as Administrator
You may be prompted for a username and password. Make sure you enter an Administrator username and password.
- When the installation is complete, register your product again and open your datafile.
If your re-installation attempt fails with the message “The Wizard was interrupted”, you will need to clean uninstall your Quicken/ReckonAccounts Personal installation and try again. See KB 4333: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4333 for full instructions.
If the problem persists, then manually change the home currency:
1. On the top menu line select Tools and then Currency List
2. On the title line verify that the 3rd-to-last column is title Rate/AU$
If it is not go to Step 3: Clean uninstall and reinstall of Quicken
3. In the last column titled Home, verify that a green tick is against Australian Dollar. If it is not, tick it.
If the problem persists, then continue with these steps:
1. On the top menu line select Tools and then Accounts List
2. Verify that the balance columns show amounts with an AU$ in front of them
3. Right-click on the first account without the AU$ and select Edit
4. Click in the Name field and note the name of the account, and then:
a. Click on Delete button on keyboard
b. Re-enter the name exactly as it was
c. Click OK to finish
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for every account that does not have an AU$ in its balance.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.