Why when processing a pay run, the super is not calculating when the employee has passed the monthly super threshold of $450?
This can occur if you are paying employees in different dates in any 2 given consecutive calendar months, Super Threshold in Quicken Payroll is “Date Paid” driven in the last calendar month of any employee in the Payroll data file. That means that the super threshold information gets reset when an employee is paid with the latest date paid (in a new calendar month).
You have 2 employees, Employee A and Employee B and they get paid weekly and in different days:
• Employee A earned $500 in the third week and was paid on the 20/09/2006, super is calculated as he earned more than the $450 threshold.
• Employee B earned $250 in the third week and was paid on the 21/09/2006, super is not calculated as he earned less than the $450 threshold.
• Employee A earned $500 in the forth week and was paid on the 27/09/2006, his super was calculated as he earned more than the threshold.
• Before processing Employee B next pay for $250 payroll sees that the last date paid as the 27/09/2006 so the software schedule the next date paid to be in the next calendar month.
• Employee B earned $250 in the forth week and super now should have been paid on $500 ($ 250+$250) from the third and fourth week of work but it didn’t as the threshold info being reset due to payment made to Employee A on the 27/09/2006 when the program now thinks it is the first pay for Employee B in the calendar month of October.
All of the super amounts for affected employees have to be entered manually when preparing there pays.