What is recovery PIN and how can I access or change it, when using Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
Any Reckon GovConnect STP users, Reckon One, Reckon Accounts Business, Accounts Hosted, or Payroll Premier users.
What is it?
It is the backup process to allow you to access your Reckon GovConnect STP Portal, in the event when you do not have access to your device (PC/Mobile) that is originally set up for MFA.
Who needs it?
Every user, who access the Reckon Portal Services, that requires you to set up the MFA, such as GovConnect STP portal, will have Recovery PIN setup.
If you are already an STP user and have existing MFA setup, you can view your system generated recovery PIN, via your user profile.
How can I access the recovery PIN or change it?
Recovery PIN can be accessed via a user profile, once logged into the Reckon Portal.
Note for the existing MFA user: If you do not see the Recovery PIN in your profile, please hard refresh your browser and clear the cache, using Ctrl + F5 key together, in your keyboard.
Recovery PIN is unique to the user.
1) Login to the Reckon Portal.
2) Select the user profile (human icon) from the top right corner.
3) Navigate to Multi-Factor Authentication area and select View to access your recovery PIN.
4) You will need to enter the MFA code to be able to view the code. This is required for security reason to lock away your code.
We recommend you memorise this recovery PIN, as you will need this PIN to revoke the MFA, when you do not have access to your mobile device or PC that is originally set up for MFA, to access the code.
5) Once the MFA code is entered, you can then view and/or change the recovery PIN.