When I try to import a share transaction into my Reckon Accounts Personal Plus or Home and Business why do I get the error message, “Reckon Accounts was not able to complete the request [OL-221-A].”
The solution applies to Reckon Accounts Personal users who have previously downloaded share transactions via ‘E*Trade’ and ‘ANZ Share Trading’ brokers.
Solution / Workaround:
The share trading import in Reckon Accounts Personal was created for use with the broker ‘E*TRADE’. This broker has been taken over by the ANZ Bank and recently the name officially changed to ‘ANZ share trading’. This change of name has broken the connection of Reckon Accounts to the E*TRADE server and therefore causing the share transactions download to fail.
To resolve the issue manually edit the downloaded transactions (QFX) file:.
- Make a backup copy of the data file;
- Make a copy of the QFX file
- Open the QFX file in Notepad and do Find and Replace (replace all)
- Find ‘SIL’ and replace with ‘ETRADE’.
- Find ‘Share investing limited’ and REPLACE with ‘EtradeAustralia.com.au’
- Save and close the file.
- Now import it back to Reckon and it should work.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at:https://community.reckon.com/reckon