I have multiple duplicate files in My Live drive (Q drive) in Hosted login account. How can I delete the unwanted/duplicate files from my Reckon accounts hosted?
Important: Please note, once the file is deleted from your live drive or backup drive, it cannot be recovered. Therefore, we recommend you make a backup and local backup of your true datafile before you proceed.
See KB 5596 for more information on how to make a backup.
Who does this apply to?
All Reckon Accounts Hosted user.
Solution / Workaround:
You can delete the unwanted file from your cloud storage. Please follow the below steps.
1) Login to Reckon Accounts Hosted.
2) Go to the floating toolbar and click on the download icon (Down arrow)
3) Select My Live (Q:) drive from the look in the dropdown. (Or My Backup (B) if the file is in backup drive)
4) You can now see the list of files available on your drive.
5) Navigate to the file that you wish to delete and place your mouse cursor on top of it to select it. However, do not click on it, unless you want to download it as a local backup on your PC.
6) Once the file is selected (Highlighted in light blue color) hit the delete key on your keyboard to delete it.
7) Select Yes to the confirmation message.
Note: if you do not get any prompt to delete, possibly this window is not active and the delete command is not registered. Click on the title bar of the download window to activate it and try again.
If you have shared the file, make sure you go into the shared folder and delete the file from within.
Please note: Just deleting the shared folder will not delete the file. It will merely delete the shared folder access from your login. The shared folder and the file within will remain visible to all other users who have access to the shared folder.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at:https://community.reckon.com/reckon