How to prepare Amended Payment summary and Empdupe file in Reckon Payroll Premier?
You are occasionally required to edit the payment summary and make changes after you have already submitted them to ATO and to your employees.
Once you made the required changes, you will have to reissue the payment summaries marked as ’Amended Payment summary’ and resubmit the empdupe file to ATO with the indicator as ‘Amended’. Please refer to ATO Publications here
Who does this apply to?
This solution applies to any user using Reckon Payroll Premier (any year version) and who wants to generate the amended payment summary for employees and ATO.
Please follow the below steps on how to create the payment summaries as an amended
1) Go to the list Employees menu.
2) Select the employee you need to print the amended summary for and double-click to edit it.
3) Go to the ‘Payment summaries’ tab.
4) Look at the year ending column. Look for the year you wish to print the amended payment summary for.
5) Go to the INB column and Select ‘Yes’ for that year.
(For Eg. If you wish to print the amended Payment summary for FY 2016/17, Select 2017 under year ending and Yes on the INB column.)
6) If you do not see the year listed under year ending, click on insert button (as shown above) to insert the new line and enter year (as per our example 2017) and Yes in INB column.
7) Repeat the process 2-6 for all other required employees.
Now you are ready to generate the payment summary as an ‘Amended payment summary’ for this employee. You can also generate the amended EMPDUPE file.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at:https://community.reckon.com/reckon