Reckon Accounts Enterprise and Premier users have access to the QODBC driver for no extra charge.
Any Reckon Accounts user can purchase a license directly from QODBC to work with their Reckon accounts.
There are several variants of the QODBC driver that have different functionality. The free version supplied with Reckon Accounts is a Read Only version that allows Reckon Accounts data to be exported to Spreadsheet and database programs (eg Excel).
Please note that when you download the QODBC driver you will get a 30-day trial to their Read & Write version. After 30-days you will receive a message that your trial has expired and you will be invited to purchase a license. Disregard this message. Your 30-day trial of the Read & Write driver will expire and reverts to the Read Only driver – Reckon Accounts to Excel only. You may if you wish purchase the full license to obtain the two-way functionality.
On the http://www.flextools.com/qodbc page and click the download button at the right of the screen and the bottom, and save to your PC.,
Print out the following support articles:
How to connect for the first time:
Windows10 users should note:
Microsoft XP & Vista users should note:
Many references in the guides and installation reference QuickBooks. QuickBooks and Reckon Accounts should be read interchangeably.
To install QODBC:
Go to the folder you saved the downloaded file:
If you are not a local admin user on this PC, right-click qodbc.exe and select Run As Administrator and enter local admin credentials;
- Otherwise, just click on qodbc.exe;
- Follow on-screen instructions to install.
Note: at the end you will receive a message that the program might not have installed properly. Select “This program installed correctly” to complete the installation;
- Launch Reckon Accounts and open your company file;
- Start > All Programs > QODBC Driver for QuickBooks > VB Demo > Connections > Add New Connection > Machine Data Source > QuickBooks Data > OK;
- When the Quickbooks – Application with No Certificate screen opens, select Yes, always; allow access even if Quickbooks is not running, then Continue, then in Confirm to Proceed, Yes;
- In Access Confirmation, confirm that you are accessing the correct QuickBooks Company file then click Done.
- The VB Demo 32 screen will open to allow you to browse functionality. Test functionality by clicking on the Query button and Customer information will appear in the Query Result. Click the red X to close.
To extract information from Reckon Accounts
- Open Excel 2007 > Data > From Other Sources > From Data Connection Wizard;
- Select ODBC DSN > Next;
- Select the name of your Reckon Accounts link – default is QuickBooks data > Next;
- Tick the box Connect to a specific table;
- Select a item from the Name column > Next;
- Select Finish;
- On Import Data window:
- Select OK to import all columns into Excel
- Select Properties > Definition > Edit Query, to utilize other features of ODBC before importing data;
- Use Excel functionality to present information.
To Auto Login into your Reckon Accounts company file see:
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.