Why has my customised details been lost on my Reckon Custom Templates on upgrade to 2015?
Rename your Customised Invoice in 2014; export the template and import it to 2015.
When upgrading to Reckon Accounts 2015 a new copy of the default Custom Adjustment Note/Estimate/Invoice/Sales Order/Sales Receipt are loaded.
If you had merely modified the Custom Adjustment Note/Estimate/Invoice/Sales Order/Sales Receipt and not renamed it in 2014, then those changes have been overwritten by the new copy. The default transaction (i.e. invoice, estimate windows etc) templates are changed to Reckon ones.
Customised templates created out of the default Custom templates and given a new name will not lose any customised detail.
Rename your Customised Invoice in 2014; or export the template and import it to 2015.
1. Close Reckon Accounts 2015 and open Reckon Accounts 2014.
2. Go to Lists > Templates
3. Right click the Custom Invoice and select Duplicate
4. Select Tax Invoice > OK. A new template with the name Copy of: Custom Invoice will be created
5. Right click the new template > Edit Template > Manage Template
6. In Template Name, give this template a new name
7. Click OK > OK
8. Still on the Template List, right click your newly named Custom Invoice and select Export
9. Save it to your 2015 directory with other templates. For desktop, the default directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2015. For Hosted, please save it to Q: drive
10. Close Reckon Accounts 2014 and open Reckon Accounts 2015 and go to Lists > Templates
11. Click the Templates button at the bottom left and select Import
12. Navigate to the Reckon Accounts 2015 folder (see step 9), and double click on your renamed custom invoice.
13. Click OK in the Basic Customisation screen and close the Templates List.
14. Open an Invoice form and select a new template – your imported template will be there.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.