Why canít I install QuickBooks? I keep getting errors that say:
Error: There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library (Error 1618).
[Error:1612] There was a problem installing "Microsoft Runtime Library"
Error 1618. "ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING".
The errors indicate there may be a problem with the Windows Installer module that QuickBooks uses to install its files.
Please follow these steps until the issue is resolved.
Step 1: Reboot your PC and login as the Built-in Administrator.
See: http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3623 for details
Step 2: Check to see if there are any instances of MSIEXEC.EXE in the background
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click Task Manager;
2. Click the Processes tab;
3. Click on the Image Name column to list processes in alphabetical order;
4. Scroll down the list. If there are any processes called MSIEXEC.EXE, click on them and click on the End Process button.
5. Close the Task Manager window and begin
Step 3: Reinstall the Microsoft Runtime Libraries via the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
Note: This step will change files in the Windows Operating System. Incorrect changes to these files may adversely impact the operation of your PC. If you are not confident in carrying out these next steps, please consult your IT professional.
1. Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2005:
2. Save the downloaded file to a convenient location (like your desktop)
3. When the download has completed, double-click the downloaded file named "vcredist_X86.exe" or "vcredist_X64.exe" and follow the onscreen instructions.
4. Restart your computer and install QuickBooks.