If you receive one of the following errors when attempting to email, follow the steps below:
· QuickBooks was unable to find your default mail provider in the Windows Registry. Your form will not be emailed
· An internal error occurred while preparing your message. It has not been sent. (MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 464 in sendemail.cpp)
Windows Live Mail 2011 Upgrade
You may find that although you were successfully sending emails from QuickBooks using the original Windows Live Mail, you cannot email after the upgrade to 2011. This is due to the active fields talked about in this note being reset by the upgrade. You will need to follow these steps again.
Note: Despite the steps below, users still report difficulties using Windows Live Mail 2011, especially on Windows 64-bit operating systems.
Care: The following steps will ask you to make changes to your Registry. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Please seek advice from a professional IT (Computer) person if you are unsure or have limited knowledge in dealing with system registry.
1. From the Edit menu, select Preferences...
2. From the Online icon, click the Company Preferences tab
3. Tick Display each email when sending more than one and click OK
4. Close QuickBooks
5. From the Windows Start menu, select Control Panel > Select View By Category View > Programs > Default Programs > Set your default programs
6. Select Windows Live Mail in the Programs table
7. Click on Set this program as default and click OK
8. From the Start menu type regedit in the Start search field
9. Click regedit.exe in the Programs list
Create a backup of your Registry by File > Export > Export Range > All
10. Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Clients > Mail (The data field will now be called Windows Live Mail)
11. Now locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Clients > Mail. The data file does not automatically update, so you will be required to manually modify it:
Double click on the (Default) string to edit it and replace the text with Windows Live Mail
12. Click OK and Close the Registry window
Open QuickBooks and send an email to confirm proper operation.
If you still cannot use Windows Live Mail you will need to modify the QBW.INI file located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QBW.ini and add the following lines at the bottom of the file. To open it, right click, select Open With and choose Notepad: Scroll to the bottom of the file and add:
Close & Save the file then restart QuickBooks and try again.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.