Why do I get the error "The File Exists" when trying to print transactions in Reckon Accounts Business (Previously QuickBooks)?
The reasons this message appears are:
1. This printer's drivers are corrupt;
2. The file properties for the Qbprint.qbp file have been changed to Read-only attribute.
Do the following to resolve this issue:
Check that printing from another application is successful.
If not, update your printer's drivers.
If printing is successful, then continue:
1) Locate the Qbprint.qbp file in the Reckon Accounts (Previously QuickBooks) Installation Directory. Normally it should be in the following location: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 20xx
The folder "ProgramData" is a hidden folder by default, so if you do not see this folder, please follow instructions here on how to view it: https://www.technipages.com/show-hidden-files-windows
2) Right-click the filename, and then choose Properties.
3) In the Attributes section of the General tab, de-select the Read Only Option.
4) Click OK to save your changes.
You can now print your transaction in Reckon Accounts (Previously QuickBooks).
If the above is not successful do the following:
1) Close Reckon Accounts (Previously QuickBooks)
2) Delete the qbprint.qbp file from the Reckon Accounts (Previously QuickBooks) installation directory
3) Restart books and try printing again