My company’s legal name is longer than 59 characters (RAB Limit, including spaces) or 76 characters (Payroll Premier Limit, including spaces) and doesn’t fit in the legal name field. How can I enter the correct company information, for my STP lodgement, as I’m getting ‘Invalid Company information’ error?
GovConnect STP for Reckon Accounts (Desktop and Hosted) in company files with true Legal names longer than 59 characters.
And for Payroll Premier in company files with true Legal names longer than 50 characters.
Enter as many characters you can fit, in your data file, sourced from the STP Portal. Now copy the same (truncated version) legal name from your payroll file and paste it across in the STP Portal. This will result in the same name across the both platform, including the case sensitivity and the length of the characters.
The Company Name in GovConnect is sourced from the ABN Lookup and will be the full registered name. In some cases, it may be longer than the character limitation of the legal Name field in your software. The difference between the two will cause the error.
Copying the name from STP to your file.
1. Go to STP Portal and company and advisor info.
2. Click on the pencil icon to edit the Company name.
3. Highlight and Select the company name. Press Ctrl + C on keyboard to copy it.
Eg. COMPANYNAME WHICH IS TRADING AS LEGALCOMPANY NAME BENEFICIARY
TO DIFFERENT COMPANY NAME AND IS NOT ACCEPTED IN THE PORTAL
For RAB and RAH users.
· Go to Company menu and company information.
· Go to Legal information field and under Legal name, press Ctrl + V to paste the name.
· You will now notice it will only copy across up to 59 characters of the legal company name.
eg. COMPANYNAME WHICH IS TRADING AS LEGALCOMPANY NAME BENEFICIA
For Payroll Premier:
· You will have to manually truncate the Company name up to 50 Characters and Copy it. (Even if the legal name limit is 76 characters in the payroll premier)
eg: COMPANYNAME WHICH IS TRADING AS LEGALCOMPANY NAME
· Go to File Menu and Company Information.
· Go to company name press Ctrl + V to paste the name.
4. Now we need to copy the same name back to the portal so that it both matches. (truncated name)
5. Highlight the name from the legal name and press Ctrl+C to copy it to Clipboard; (In your company file)
6. Go to STP Portal, click on your company tile and then click on the Company & Adviser Info button (as shown in step 2 above)
7. Click the pen next to your company name to open editing:
8. Highlight the name and then press Ctrl+V to paste your copied name;
9. Press Submit to save it.
10. Click on the Home link to close the window.
You should now be able to process your Pay Event from Reckon Accounts/Payroll Premier to GovConnect.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.