When lodging a Pay Event via Reckon Govconnect STP portal, why do I get the error: “Invalid Company Information error”? I have checked all the Company information and they are correct. How can I fix it?
Reckon Accounts Hosted, Reckon Accounts Business Desktop.
The Legal Name in your Reckon Accounts company file must match the company name in GovConnect with its CASE SENSITIVITY – the case sensitivity may be different to the appearance of your company name on the ABN lookup look up tool https://abr.business.gov.au/.
1. On the Reckon GovConnect Portal home page,
a. On your STP tile, take note of the GST Branch number (it may be blank);
b. click on your tile and then click on Company & Advisor Info
take note of the Company Name and its CASE SENSITIVITY;
2. In Reckon Accounts, on the top Menu line click on Company > Company Information;
3. In the Legal Information section, in the Legal Name field, make sure the name matches precisely the Company Name on the Reckon GovConnect portal, and is entered with its CASE SENSITIVITY;
4. In the Tax Rego ID field:
a. Ensure the ABN is correctly entered in the larger field;
b. In the smaller field enter the GST Branch Number as noted in 1a) above;
If you do not have a GST Branch number, leave this field BLANK.
5. In the Phone # field enter landline numbers in the format 0291231234 and mobile numbers in the format 0412123456;
6. Click OK to save.
You should now be able to process your Pay Event through Reckon GovConnect STP.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.