How do I set the Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter to its own port?
- Close Accounts Business;
- Open the Devices and Printers window;
- Right-click on the Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter and view the printer queue.
- Delete items in the queue then close the window.
- Close the Devices and Printers window
3. Delete the Reckon Accounts printer files – QBprint.qbp and wpr.ini:
a. Go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\ReckonAcoounts 2017\ and delete QBPRINT.QBP and WPR.INI;
If you cannot see C:\Program Data then it is hidden. To unhide it click on Organize > Folder and Search Options> View > and in the Advanced Settings box, under Hidden files and folders, click on the radio button Show hidden files, folders and drives.
4. Open the Devices and Printers window again;
- right click your QuickBooks PDF Converter > Printer Properties > Ports tab > Add Port button;
- Select Local Port and click the New Port button;
- In the Enter a port name field, enter RA2017Port, click OK, and then click Close;
- Be sure that the RA2017Port is selected in the Ports list and click Apply;
- Click the Advanced tab:
- Click on Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster;
- Clear the checkbox labelled Enable advanced printing features;
- Click on Print directly to printer;
- Click the Driver drop-down arrow and select Amyuni Document Converter 500;
c. Click Apply and then click OK;
5. Close all applications and restart the computer.
6. Launch Reckon Accounts Business and test printing and emailing.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.