We have not been able to consistently replicate this problem so we are unable to offer an authoritative comment on the issue.
We have found that rebooting the PC and installing again was successful.
If the problem persists, continue with the following steps until resolved:
1. Install in Selective Startup
2. Install with the Built-In Admin user account
- Uninstall and re-install .Net Framework
- Uninstall any .Net Framework installations in Control Panel > Programs and Features;
- Turn off built-in .Net Framework features:
i. Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off;
ii. Windows 7: untick .Net Framework 3.5.1
iii. Windows 8:
1. Untick .Net Framework 3.5
2. Untick .Net Framework 4.5
c. Install .Net Framework 2.0 from the Accounts Business Installation disk
CD/DVD drive > ThirdParty > DotNET20 > dotnetfx.exe
- Turn on built-in .Net Framework features turned off in step 3(b).