Turn on Internet Explorer or re-install it.
You will experience this issue if the entry in the Windows registry to note the installation of Internet Explorer is missing. When Reckon Accounts Business is launched it checks the registry for a tag that Internet Explorer is installed. If it does not find this tag the launch will abort with this message.
(The QBwin.log file will have an entry: "MauiMain:IsIEPresentfailed. Exiting...")
This is likely to happen when:
· On a Win10 PC you have not activated Internet Explorer in the Control Panel’s Program& Features’ “Turn Windows features on or off”;
· Your Internet Explorer was not properly installed.
Windows 10 PC
1. In the Search box type: control and select the Control Panel Desktop App;
2. Select Programs and Features;
3. On the left, click on Turn Windows features on or off;
4. Tick the checkbox for Internet Explorer
5. Click OK;
6. Reboot the PC.
If Internet Explorer was not properly installed
Uninstall and Reinstall Internet Explorer
For assistance in this process see your IT professional; or the Microsoft guides at:
Windows 8.1 and earlier: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378
Windows 10: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows_10/how-to-reinstallreset-internet-explorer-11-in/f79363bd-243f-4dd6-8a25-d06e029ef51f
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon