Why do I receive the message - Error 1904 Module " C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2008-09\ICWrapper.dll " failed to register when installing QuickBooks?
Note: - Before following the instructions below, please be sure you have at least one or two valid backups of all your data files.
This issue can be caused by an incorrect file setting or a damaged component of Microsoft Visual C++.
To resolve this, follow the steps below:
Removing all QuickBooks versions
Click the Start menu and select Control Panel
- Select Programs and then click Programs and Features
- Select all QuickBooks in the list of programs and click Uninstall
- Follow the instructions to uninstall QuickBooks
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs
- Select all QuickBooks in the list of programs, and then click Remove
- Follow the instructions to remove QuickBooks
Deleting the Intuit folder via the Registry Editor
- From the Windows Logo, type regedit in the Start Search field
- Press Enter on your keyboard
- From the Start menu, select Run
- Type regedit in the Open field
- From the Registry Editor window, locate and click on the + symbol next to the hierarchal below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Intuit
- Right click the Intuit folder and select Delete.
- Click Yes
- Close the Registry Editor Window
- Install QuickBooks 2009/10 into a new directory