Why canít I import my bank statement from the CBA? I downloaded it in QIF format in their CommBiz portal.
CommBiz does not give you a choice of QIF file formats and the one it uses is a generic type that is different to the Australian QIF format.
The CommBiz QIF contains 5 lines at the start of the file that are not required and causes the error.
Open the CommBiz QIF file and delete the first 5 lines.
1. Browse to the location of your QIF file and make a copy of the QIF file;
2. Right click the original QIF file, select Open With and choose Notepad;
3. Delete the first 5 lines Ė the first line must be !Type:Bank
4. Close the file and click YES to save the changes.
5. Import the QIF file into QuickBooks in the usual manner.
If you get a message that the file is not a Quickbooks data file, then click here for Kb 248: Error 53 - .QBO is not a QuickBooks data file or it is damaged when Importing a Bank Statement in QuickBooks QBi