You will experience this issue if the ActWzd.html & lcgn.html files are missing, or if the directory or its parent is hidden, or your security software is blocking some Quickbooks processes.
To check for these files, please login as either local administrator or domain administrator on the affected PC to activate Quickbooks.
Check for these files in:
· QuickBooks 2007/08:
C:\Program Files\Intuit\Quickbooks\Components\Services\ folder
(the default installation directory. If you installed QuickBooks into another directory, examine that directory.)
· QuickBooks QBi (2008/09 and later):
o Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ Intuit\Shared\;
o Windows 7 & Vista: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\ Shared\.
- If the ActWzd.html & lcgn.html files are present, then launch QuickBooks with Run As Administrator:
a. Right-click your QuickBooks icon > Properties > Compatibility;
b. Under Privilege Level, tick the box Run this program as an administrator and click Apply;
c. When prompted, enter an Administrator username and password then click OK.
- If you cannot see any of the sub-folders, then that sub-folder may be hidden. To view a hidden folder:
- Windows 7 & Vista:
i. In Windows Explorer, click on the Organize button in the top left corner;
ii. Select Folder and Search Options and then the View tab;
iii. In the Advanced Settings box, click the radio button next to Show hidden files, folders and drives and click OK.
- Windows XP:
i. In Windows Explorer, click on Tools > View;
ii. Click on Show hidden files and folders and click OK to close.
3. If the ‘Services’ folder or the ActWzd.html & lcgn.html are missing you will need to reinstall the software in Selective Startup (QBi) or Safe Mode (2007/08). For full instructions see KB331: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=331
4. Ensure that QuickBooks processes are made exceptions in your firewall, anti-virus and other security software. See KB220 http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=220
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon.